The Ophthalmic Antiques International Collectors' Club is a non-profit-making organisation whose purpose is to:
- Promote international cultural and social contact between members and with other organisations,
- Establish expertise in the field of ophthalmic antiques,
- Assist and encourage new collectors and
- Provide an infra-structure for the dissemination of knowledge.
This shall be enabled by, but not restricted to:
- The publication of information, submitted by members, in a quarterly Newsletter,
- Visits to museums and private collections of ophthalmic antiques,
- Assisting other organisations with displays and catalogues,
- Publicising the Club wherever possible by appearances on Television, Radio and Magazine articles,
- The publication of booklets on antique ophthalmic subjects, members interest lists, Newsletter and Index and
- The provision of information on the Club's Internet Website.
Membership is open to anyone interested in promoting the objectives of the club and is not confined to those connected with optometry